A long time ago in a beach town far far away......

A young jedi must learn to conquer his own fears, doubts, and the use of computers, to overcome the tyranny of the advancing Empire. Though powerful the darkside may be, neither the strength nor determination of a young jedi should be underestimated.



Friday, January 14, 2011

What's New?!


Hello all for those of you that occasionally check this page and have found only two new postings in 6 months I apologize. After a long hiatus I finally sat down to re-cap all of my summer festivities. Since then I have been so busy with the Holidays and work that I haven't sat down to post anything. Now that life has settled (somewhat), ((you know carolyn and I)), I intend on trying to keep up with this blog and promise to post some interesting stuff.
So whats new?
As many of you know this fall was a trying and stressful few months. I was scrambling to save up enough money to afford another quarters worth of classes at UCSB. Working at the emergency clinic downtown wasn't really working out for a variety of reasons and I was beginning to overwhelmed. After talking to friends and family I decided to put school off for another year while I worked on getting out of debt and putting some money away. Obviously the first order of business was finding a job that I could be excited about. I took a chance an sent out a resume to a job posted on craigslist for a mobile vet in the near by Santa Ynez valley. The mobile practice was a start-up in an area that is somewhat rural with lots of ranch style properties. Being that I have no horse experience and I live 30 minutes away I didn't figure I would hear back. Two weeks and an interview later I was the newest (and only) employee of Vet's Here mobile veterinary service.
As it turns out this was perfect for me. I got to be involved in starting a practice from the ground up. This was an opportunity to do work I love in a totally fresh and new way. And I get to learn equine(horse) medicine, the last major category of animal medicine I haven't done. Dr. Fanning and I roll around the Santa Ynez valley in a twenty-something foot RV style truck seeing almost anything and everything we can. Check out our website its pretty nice: http://www.vetshere.com/

More on Vets Here later....
After taking the job in the valley AND agreeing to do relief work at my old job San Roque AND finishing the emergency job I found myself working 7 days a week. From no jobs to 3 jobs! So I put my head down and worked through October, November, and December. Now as of January 12Th I am down to just one job and looking forward to getting back to a normalish schedule. Vets Here has been booking up and couldn't be more excited about my job. Oh and by the way a film crew is coming into town in February to shoot a pilot for a reality TV show based on us! Once edited producers from LA will shop the show at different networks. If we get picked-up you can look forward to seeing us on TV for a half-hour every week for season 1 of VET'S HERE! We will see where this goes but in the mean time we are having fun.

In the coming weeks I will tell you how to vaccinate a goat, what the hell is an Alpaca, and what does New York look like in January (Carolyn and I headed out the 27th). Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is great that you get to go to NY! So cool!! I am glad to hear that things are starting to get back to normal for you. Good luck with your adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for New York! I'm sure we'll both have a lot to say about adventures in the freezing cold weather. I'm proud of you...keep up the great work!
    love Carolyn

    ReplyDelete